Sunday 29 December 2013

New Years Eve Eye Makeup

I think there is nothing prettier than a classic smoky eye look, but when I was recently flipping through a magazine I noticed a twist on the usual smoky eye. This smoky eye was created using black and gold. As a huge fan of playing with eye shadows I thought it would be really fun to try this look out. As I always associate New Years Eve with glitter, glam and sparkle I think this would be a really pretty make up look which you could easily apply yourself! 

In the picture above the smoky eyes are very dramatic, but I wanted to create a much more subtle look which makes it much quicker to apply. However you could always add a little more black if you wanted your eyes to stand out more.

Before I started applying the eye shadow I used a pencil eyeliner to line my upper lash line. I then primed my eye lids with Rimmels Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer. Which I think is super amazing for the price! As always when creating a smoky eye, I used my trusty Post It Notes for a clean line on the outer corners of my eyes. Check this post out (Link) for more information. For this look I used all Mac eye shadows, as in my opinion they are the best eye shadows.

Step 1

I started this look by blending Cork, which is the brown colour in my crease (top of your eye socket)with my Sigma E45 tapered blending brush. I used wind screen wiper motions until I was happy with the intensity. This creates depth and warmth.
 
Step 2
 
Using a Mac 217 brush, I then blended Carbon, (black) on the outer corners of my eyes. It is important to only apply the black between the outer corner of your eye, to the half way point of your eye lid. You also need to be careful not to take the black much higher than your crease. Keep adding more black until you are happy with the intensity. Also make sure you are blending in the black so there are no harsh lines.
 
Step 3
 
I then repeated step 1 to smoke out the black and get rid of any harsh lines. I then applied a little more black to the outer corners of my eyes.
 
Step 4
 
Then using my Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush, I applied Retro Spec (gold colour) from the inner corners of my eyes to half way across my eye lids. I applied this colour using a pressing motion to pack on the glitter.
 
Step 5 
 
To finish off I used what ever was left on my Sigma brush, and swept it under my eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
There you have it, a quick, easy, pretty smoky eye perfect for New Years Eve.

REMEMBER: Do not forget to remove your Post It Notes, as that could be a little embarrassing!



Yours Faithfully,

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Emma your blog is amazing, you deserve way more followers! Xxx Lizzie Xxx

    ablushingblondebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really lovely to read :) glad you enjoy it xxx

      Delete
  2. This look is really pretty, I love smoky eyes :) xx

    ReplyDelete