Thursday 9 January 2014

Completed Mac Pallet

For a while now I have been collecting Mac eye shadows. For Christmas I received two shadows which now means I have finally finished my pallet, which I find very exciting. I love getting my completed pallet out and choosing which eye shadow I want to use, as I never liked having gaps. If you are a make up lover like me, you will understand me! I am very excited to share my chosen eye shadows with you...
I'm going to go through the shadows left to right, top to bottom.

Dazzle light - This is a Beautiful highlight colour which has one specific use, to highlight the inner corner of my eyes.

Retrospeck - I love wearing this colour underneath my eyes or with brown eyeshadows in the summer to create a bronze look.

All That Glitters - This is a perfect light champagne colour, with a hint of shimmer which you can wear in the day time. It looks so pretty. I also wear it in my smoky eyes.

Texture - This was the last eye shadow I purchased. I love to apply it in my crease to warm up my usual cool tone browns. You can wear it in the day time, or in a more dramatic look.

Sumptuous Olive - I bought this colour to wear with Club, which is one of my favourite looks. It looks really lovely with my green/blue eyes! I think it would look beautiful if you have brown eyes too.

Woodwinked - This is one of favourite colours out of the bunch. It is a beautiful light bronze colour, with a hint of shimmer. It looks amazing in the day time just lightly applied, or you can build the colour up for a more intense look. I would highly recommend checking this colour out.

Cork - This is a light brown, cool tone colour. It looks lovely swept across the lid, or applied in the crease to add definition to my eyes. This colour is a must is you are starting a pallet, as everyone needs a colour for the crease!

Charcoal Brown - This colour was what started it all, but now it is the colour I use the least. Not to say that it isn't a lovely colour, but I tend to use mystery instead.

Satin Taupe - Some people love this colour, and some people hate it, I personally love it! It really makes my eye colour pop. I especially love this colour when I have a bit of a tan. I also love to pair Satin Taupe with Smut.

Mulch - This is such a gorgeous colour. It is a bronze/brown colour, with bits of glitter in it. It looks so pretty all over the lids and underneath as well. It also looks lovely in a smoky eye. I think this colour would look great with any eye colour.

Club - This is another one of my favourite colours. It's such an amazing colour. In some lights it looks brown and some lights it looks green, with a slight shimmer. It is not for everyone, but if you like the sound of it, it is definitely one to check out!

Mystery - This is a hard colour to explain, it is a brown colour with a hint of grey. I love this colour in a smoky eye, when I do not want to wear black, but still want my eyes to appear relatively dark.

Embark - My sister bought me this shadow. She wanted to buy me one which I would never pick up my self. It looks so pretty on the outer corners of my eyes, blended with black in a smoky eye. Embark looks amazing with a dark burgundy lipstick.

Smut - On Mac's website it says this colour is a muted black with red shimmer. However I cannot see the red shimmer, I feel the colour is a muted black but more on the purple side. I still love it! It gives the 'lived in smoky eye' look, without being as harsh as black.

Carbon - This is simply the perfect matte black eye shadow that everyone needs in their palette.

And there you have it, my completed Mac palette!

Yours Faithfully,

11 comments:

  1. I have just started my MAC palette so this was really helpful! :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these shades, I have mine all in 4 palette sizes as they store better for me like that. I think we have very similar tastes in colour!
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! Putting mine into smaller palettes for travelling would be much easier! I will check your blog out then, I'm sure I will love everything! X

      Delete
  3. These are all such lovely colours! I'm still working on my MAC palette which is full of neutral shades so far. My favourite has been Patina, but a close favourite would be Woodwinked. I've made a note of some of these eyeshadows mentioned here. I'll have to take a look.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want Patina, it is such a beautiful shade that would look great in a smoky eye! I love wearing Mulch at the moment! xx

      Delete
  4. The the shades you have. Thinking of starting my mac palette soon.
    This post helps a lot :)

    Stephy ♥ http://dearstephiiie.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shades. I actually just got my first Mac duo with nylon and club and love it.
    Next I might get Sumptuous Olive :)
    Nice palette you have there and great post!!

    Christina ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes that would go beautiful with the shades you have. X

      Delete
  6. At the moment I'm still in the process of building my palette but thank you so much for the suggestions! Now I have more colors to check out! One of the colors that I have that you might want to try is Sketch :)

    Melissa | SnapsForMel

    ReplyDelete