Monday 13 January 2014

The dream team

This foundation is one of the most talked about in the beauty world, and in the UK it is very difficult to get your hands on unless you live in London. It photographs beautifully, and works great with almost any skin type. Yes you've guessed it, I purchased the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. In addition, I have also discovered the perfect concealer for the foundation. Which is Diorskin Sculpt concealer. Its a match made in heaven...


As you have most probably read hundreds of blog posts on the Luminous Silk foundation, I thought I would give you my personal low down on the foundation:
  •  It glides over your face like silk (as the name would suggest).
  •  It blends in beautifully
  •  You can apply a small amount for a lighter coverage, or build up for a more flawless coverage
  •  It does not contain SPF, there for you will not get that white flash back in photos
  • It photographs beautifully, as it gives an airbrushed appearance
  •  Suitable for any skin type
  •  Lasts all day on my oily skin
  •  Blurs out spots
  • Has a large colour range
My list could go on and on. It has now knocked my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation off the top spot, I love it so much. It is definitely a foundation everyone needs to try! Just in case you were wondering, I picked up shade 5.5.

Onto the Diorskin Sculpt concealer. I love this concealer! I picked up the colour 100. This is lighter than my skin but I like to have a lighter colour to highlight my under eye area. Unlike some concealers this one sticks around all day, which I think is a very important property in a concealer. One other important reason I love this concealer is that is does not crease under my eyes for the majority of the day. At the end of the day I can see fine lines under my eye, but I guess you can expect that after a long day! I love how creamy, but at the same time thick the consistency is. And finally I love the lovely packaging. I feel as if it was made to wear with the the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. A great concealer Dior!

Yours Faithfully,



16 comments:

  1. Double Wear Light is my personal favourite so this must be good if it's better than that! It sounds lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really is lovely. You can build it up to a very good coverage. You should give it a go x

      Delete
  2. I need to try this foundation, perhaps on a shopping trip to London?
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should try it, it's really lovely. You can get it online as well if you can guess your colour x

      Delete
  3. Irene
    it looks great!it is so hard to find this foundation! great post! i really like that you found the concealer that goes with it!
    xoxo
    www,thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes I agree it is so difficult to find a really good foundation. xx

      Delete
  4. Hey, I love your blog and so I've nominated you for The Liebster Award here: http://nishapetal.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    Nisha xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I love you blog and so I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! you can check out the questions on my blog at http://jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award_18.html Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Wahoo! See my blog for more details!
    http://alicelouisa.blogspot.co.uk/
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I love your blog so much! Your posts are so good! I'm a new blogger and would love it if you could check out my blog and maybe give me a follow? :)
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very sweet of you! I will check it out :) xx

      Delete
  8. Hey there! I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out this link for more details.
    http://baileykate.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/liebster-award/

    -Bailey Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous and the base mentioned here looks fantastic!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try this foundation out!

    Great blog, do you want to follow each other?Let me know :)

    [new blog post up]
    LifeWithFrancesca x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should try it, ii love it so much. Yes let's follow each other :) x

    ReplyDelete